Compare Travel Insurance Travel Insurance Companies TINZ Travel Insurance

TINZ Travel Insurance Reviews

TINZ want you to enjoy the ride without the worry - because life’s a trip. They have three different levels of cover to choose from to suit your trip, plus they cover for terrorism, high value items, winter sports, cruises and much more. Policies are available to those of any age. Dependents under 21 years of age travel for free. 24/7 emergency assistance no matter where you are in the world. Underwritten by Certain underwriters at Lloyd's.

Overall rating 8.9/10

Value for Money


Claims Experience


Customer Experience

Sort by: Date | Score | Claims | Value

Great price and choice of cover

Review by Emma | 27 July 2016, 13:56 PM | 0 comment

I was struggling to find insurance at a good cost that included everything I needed, thanks to Compar... Read more

Overall rating
Overall rating
Customer Experience
Value for Money
Loading More Reviews ...
Sorting Reviews ...


How many people can I include in my policy?

The more the merrier right? TINZ insures groups of up to 25. That means more fun for less hassle.

Am I covered if I go on a cruise?

Yes, you don’t even need to pick a cruise specific policy. Here’s a top tip: Even if you’re travelling in New Zealand waters you still need to pick Pacific as you're not covered by your usual health insurance when you're out at sea even if you are still technically in NZ.

Am I covered for skiing and my equipment?

Yes if you purchase a ski policy cover. TINZ will cover $1,500 worth of skiing equipment. Dare devils can even ski off piste (within resort boundaries).

Are kids covered for free?

Yes, that’s right, kids will be covered at no added cost! Dependent children and grandchildren are included for free as long as they are under 21 years of age and not in full time employment .

Can I pay to reduce or cancel my excess?

Yes, at payment time you can pay to double your excess which decreases the cost of your premium. 

What additional extras are there?

Along with comprehensive cover for your electronics and personal belongings, additional cover can be purchased for specified items up to a total amount of $5,000.

Am I covered if my tour company collapses?

No, TINZ doesn’t provide protection from insolvency.

I'm not an New Zealand resident- can I buy cover?

No, policies are only available to New Zealand residents.

What size moped or motorbike am I covered to ride overseas?

TINZ will cover you for any engine size you ride as long as you’re insured to do so in Nez Zealand. Just make sure you get your International Drivers Permit (IDP) before you leave!

How long is their single trip cover for?

You can purchase a single policy up to 18 months in duration.

Can I extend my policy?

Having too much fun? No problems! You can extend your policy. Just give them a call on 0800 699 070 within New Zealand or +(64) 9 913 2361 from overseas.

Do they cover for my rental vehicle excess?

With TINZ you can rent a car without stressing about the possibility of any potential damages. TINZ includes a $6,000 rental vehicle excess cover as standard on our Comprehensive and Comprehensive Plus plans, saving you on exorbitant insurance excess fees when you hire a car.

Who underwrites them?

TINZ travel insurance policies are underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd's (insurer). As a Coverholder of Lloyds, TINZ issues and manages the policies as an authorised representative of Coffre-Fort Pty Limited ABN 66 125 358 518, AFS Licence No. 472457.

Where are they based?



No age limit
Under 65
90 days
$1,000 per item limit
Our travel insurance comparison helps you save time, worry and loads of money!